Good Morning Everyone!Can you guess what I have been up to lately? Yes--I'm reading the Bible through in 90 days--again! :) This will be my second time doing this. Those who have been reading my blog for a while will know that I just did this from January through March, 2011. It was a wonderful blessing, I learned so much and felt so good to have accomplished it--finally! But Bible reading is like eating. We need to do it every day! I can't just read the Bible through one time, and then say "Well, I've done it!" and then never read it again! I did the Blogging through the Gospels after I completed the Bible in 90 Days program, and that was wonderful as well because the slower pace gave me a chance to think and reflect more, in a way that it is not possible to do when you are reading through at a faster pace.
But--I was so blessed by participating in the Bible in 90 Days program, that I wanted to somehow help others be able to accomplish the same. So I volunteered to be a Bible in 90 Days mentor for this next session. It is fresh in my memory how challenging this program is, and I wanted to be able to encourage and cheer others on in their Bible reading. It made a big difference to me in sticking with the program when I knew my mentor was praying for me each day. How could I just lay in bed in the morning when my mentor was praying for me to accomplish my Bible reading that day???? Impossible! So now I am praying for all the ladies in my group--they each have their own unique challenges working against their being successful. There are SO MANY things, both big and little, that get in our way of quiet time with Jesus. . .
Anyway, I just wanted to share a verse that stood out to me in today's reading. We are currently on Day 5, which is Exodus 1:1-Exodus 15:18. VERY exciting part of the Bible! Moses in the rushes along the side of the Nile, the burning bush, bricks without straw, plagues everywhere. Finally, the first born are struck down and Pharaoh lets the people leave--and then changes his mind and decides to chase them!
Things looked pretty impossible to the Children of Israel--and they were. They had no way of escape, and here was Pharaoh and his army bearing down on them, getting closer and closer. Yet Moses tells the people "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:13,14
Do not be afraid. Stand firm. See deliverance. Be still. These are things that God is still speaking to you and I today. When we are following His direction, we can be sure the He will fight our battles for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come read the Bible with us! www.momstoolbox.com
P.S.--Yes, I realize that it says "Happy New Year" at the bottom of the kitty picture--but I thought he was adorable anyway, even if this is not January! And besides that--isn't each and every day from God a new day for us?
No comments:
Post a Comment