Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: John 17!

Good Morning!

Today we are reading John, chapter 17. The whole chapter is a prayer of Jesus. How wonderful to get a glimpse of how He prayed!

Scripture:

My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message. . . John 17:20

Observation:

Jesus knows He is soon to be arrested and crucified. In this great time of need--in this emergency situation--He prays. His greatest help for this time of crisis could only come from one possible direction--from His father. In His prayer, Jesus prayed for Himself, He prayed for His disciples, and He prayed for me.

Application:

Yes, Jesus prayed for me. And for you. He said "My prayer is not for them alone (referring to his disciples). I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message." John 17:20 That's ME! That's YOU! And not only did Jesus pray for me, He asked for me to live with Him. Continuing to read in the same chapter, verse 24 says "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am. . . " Beautiful Savior. And He asked for me!

Prayer:

Dear Father--I have done nothing to deserve Your love--but thank you for loving me anyway. May I remember each day, Jesus asked for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come read the Gospels with us and be blessed! www.momstoolbox.com

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors