Today we are reading in John chapter 13. I can hardly believe how fast we are going through the Gospels! We are almost done! If you are wondering what you will do when you finish reading through the Gospels, consider joining us as we read the Bible through in 90 days. We start July 11--more information can be found here: http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/bible-in-90-days-reading-schedule/
Scripture:
I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15
Observation:
The disciples gathered around a table. Preparations had been made. All was in readiness, and Jesus knew that He was about to return to His Father in heaven. He gets up, wraps a towel around His waist, and proceeds to wash His disciple's feet. It is His example to them of serving. It is a washing of their hearts, if they will accept it.
Application:
Jesus said this was our example, and that I should do as He has done for me. What did He do? He healed the sick. Fed the hungry. Visited the lonely. Told stories to the children. Treated the unworthy with love and compassion. "I have set you an example." This means me.
Prayer:
Dear Father--Show me this day, what You want me to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join us as we read through the Gospels! www.momstoolbox.com
No comments:
Post a Comment