Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: John 15!

Good Morning!

I thought I would share a picture of my little blueberry bush this morning--isn't it lovely? It is true that it is quite tiny, only around a foot and a half high. But it is bearing fruit already, and I am thrilled! O.K., I realize this is a BUSH and not a VINE, but I still thought it was a good picture to put with today's chapter. . .

Today we are reading John, chapter 15. There is a lot of gardening going on in this chapter, so grab your sun hat and come along with me. :)

Scripture:

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Observation:

Jesus knows His time here is almost over. Soon He will face the cross for us. What can He say to His disciples in these last few hours? What will stick in their mind, something they will think of often? How can He tell them how much He loves them--how He can do wonderful things through them if they will only let Him? How without Him, they will surely fail?

Application:

Without Him, I can do nothing. So the opposite is also true--with Him, I can do everything. Whatever things God wants to do through me, is possible. Not because of any power I have, but because of His power. When I don't feel like making more meals or washing the family's laundry or answering that math problem one more time--I can. Because of Him.

Prayer:

Dear Father--Thank you for choosing to work through us, that we may cooperate with You and reap a great harvest of others. Remind me each day to not go running ahead--to wait for You, to abide in You, to only do things with You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join us as we read through the Gospels! www.momstoolbox.com

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors