Today the disciple's grief and sorrow has turned to joy--as they realize that Jesus has indeed been raised from the dead! Come and read the good report with me, in John chapter 20.
Scripture:
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20":29
Observation:
Jesus had died and been buried in the tomb. Some of the women and a few of the disciples reported that the body was gone. Jesus Himself had appeared and talked with Mary Magdalene, and later had come to a room where the disciples were meeting--appearing among them in spite of the locked door. But Thomas had not been there with the rest when Jesus came. How disappointed he must have been! But then, he had to make a choice. To either believe the testimony of the others--that Jesus was indeed raised from the dead, or to doubt. Thomas chose to doubt, and said that unless he saw the nail marks himself, and put his hand on Jesus' pierced side, he would not believe that Jesus was alive. One week later, Jesus appeared to the disciples again, this time specifically addressing Thomas and telling him to "stop doubting and believe!"
Application:
I cannot put my hand on Jesus' pierced side or see with my own eyes the nail scares in His hands. But I can read the testimony written down by those who did. I am not left to wonder if it happened. I can choose to stop doubting and to believe. And I will be blessed.
Prayer:
Dear Father--Thank you for the evidence You have given us of Jesus' resurrection. Help me to accept what You have given me. To trust You. And to stop doubting and believe!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have enjoyed reading through the Gospels with us, consider reading the entire Bible in 90 Days! For more information go to : www.momstoolbox.com
No comments:
Post a Comment