Monday, February 13, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week Seven





Good Morning Everyone!

How is your Bible memory coming???? I'm still plugging away on mine. Never got the new card for this past week made up and put on my bathroom mirror--so I was disappointed in myself for that. On the other hand, the card from the week before remained there--my verse that talks about things being impossible with man, but not with God, and THAT verse continued to bless me each time I went into the bathroom and read it. So maybe that is what I needed most this past week--that reminder. This is just a time period in my life when there are SO many different things going on. So many VERY important papers that need to be filled out. Phone calls that need to be made. ALL super important. ALL urgent. And ALL overwhelming. Most--though not all--having to do with trying to get things needed for our son, so THAT adds extra pressure. You know, that "Mommy Bear don't mess with my cub" kind of pressure. And I can't do it all. I can't even do SOME of it. With Susan, this is impossible. But not with God.

Have you ever done a search on the phrase "But God?" I heard a sermon preached one time on this, years ago. It was the very best sermon I have EVER heard. But God. Someday, I will have to share some of the insights shared in that sermon with you.

But back to my memory verses. This last week I was concentrating on Matthew 6:19--"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal."

This week, I want to add the next part to it--verse 20. "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

First, we are told what NOT to do. But we are not left hanging to stumble and figure things out on our own. No, we are then told what TO do--store up our treasures in heaven instead. I am SO thankful for these verses! I just figured out our taxes yesterday, and it sure does not look like we have many treasures on earth, though I know we are SO very blessed and have so much more than most people in this world have. We are lacking N-O-T-H-I-N-G. No Thing.

My heart desires treasure in heaven. Jesus is there. He is the greatest treasure.

Have a wonderful week! And don't forget to meditate on God's love letter to you!

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors