Good Morning!
I am reading in Isaiah today, and ran across this little gem that I had to share:
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8
Isn't that beautiful?
Then, Isaiah chapter 40 also contains another of my favorite verses--one I claimed OFTEN when my son was little. . .
"He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11
Many, many beautiful verses. My favorite books are probably Psalms and Proverbs, but Isaiah is pretty high up there in the running!
How about this one?
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31
Or
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob, O little Israel, for I myself will help you, declares the Lord." Isaiah 41:13,14
See? There are pretty neat verses in this book. Yes, I guess it has to rank right up there with my favorites. Of course, when I come to Matthew, that is my favorite as well! ;)
Spend some time in God's Word today, and see what special things you can find!
1 comment:
Love love love the verses you posted in Isaish!
Love the Bible.
Post a Comment