I finished Isaiah today! Sniff, sniff. I'm going to miss reading in this book. In spite of all the warnings, it is also filled with some of the most beautiful promises. Ah, well. I know, I know--there will be more beautiful promises ahead. And before I know it, I will be starting into the New Testament, which is almost overwhelming in it's beauty--reading about Jesus and how much He did for us.
But--before I leave Isaiah completely, I have to share some of my favorite verses from today with you! :) This may seem like a long list, but trust me--I DID narrow it down! ;)
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10
This next one was new for me--I have read it before, but just didn't notice it I guess. But it's perfect for me to claim for my son:
"All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace." Isaiah 54:13
THAT'S what I want for my son. For him to be taught by God, and to have great peace.
And others that stood out to me today:
"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near." Isaiah 55:6
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." Isaiah 55:8
"So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11
"Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I." Isaiah 58:9
This next one is my "Texas Verse." Those friends of mine who live in Texas will understand why! I had to claim this verse constantly, as this Michigan girl did not enjoy the Texas heat very much. . .
"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11
Oh, and this one is one of my absolute FAVORITE verses in the entire Bible! It fits every situation, not matter what it is:
"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear." Isaiah 59:1
And then we have my "moving verses." Ever since I have married, I have never lived in the same house longer than five years. And since gardening is one of my hobbies, I have always planted fruit trees and blackberries. Of course, just about the time the trees are old enough they are starting to fruit--we move! So these verses really appeal to me!
"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. . . They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat." Isaiah 65:17,21
And the final verse I want to share with you is so precious. God--the Creator of the entire Universe--knows and is listening for me.
"Before Susan calls, I will answer; while she is still speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24, Susan's Version
Hope some of these verses I have shared will be an encouragement to you today--have a beautiful day!
1 comment:
all good good verses, but the last verse is special.
thanks for sharing this journey.
Post a Comment