Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Teacher

Good Morning!

Time to get up and get to school! Well, if you remember that "life" is a school. As a teacher, I like school! I LOVE back-to-school sales, and walking through isles of new notebooks, pencils, and crayons.

But there is one thing about being a teacher--we don't know everything! Sometimes our young students might "think" we know everything--but that is so far from the truth. In fact, the older I get, the less I feel like I know!

But I have a teacher, and THIS teacher truly does know everything. I can go to Him at all times, and He leads me and guides me in the way I should go.

I am still reading in the book of Isaiah this morning, and take a look at some of the verses I ran across:

"This is what the Lord says--your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go." Isaiah 48:17

And then I found this one, which I think is so neat because each morning I get up and listen to my Bible CDs at the same time as following along in my Bible. This helps keep my mind from wandering to other places as I read.

"He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught." Isaiah 50:4

See? God is my Teacher!

Other favorites from today's reading:

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

"But now, this is what the Lord says--he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

You. Are. Mine.

Did you catch that? Can you imagine those words being thundered out from the God of the Universe?

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

A way in the desert. Streams in the wasteland. A way where there was none.

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:15,16

Have I given you enough promises for this morning? God is my Teacher. He leads me where I cannot see. He creates a way where there was none. He cannot forget me. I am His.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

What a beautiful and hope filled post.
Thank you so much.

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

You know for a book in the Bible that had so many warning for the children of Israel,trying to get them to follow Him and avoid the trouble that would come on them if they did not follow Him, there are ALOT of promises! Thanks for sharing them with us today, Lisa :O)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors