
Happy Sabbath Everyone!
I am actually posting this week's verse "on time!" Aren't you all proud of me??? We have had the most beautiful weather today--truly delightful. Our little one woke up with a cold, so she didn't feel up to going to church with a runny nose and sneezing, so I stayed home with her. While I was sad to miss church, it was also nice to have a quite morning just the two of us. We watched some children's Bible programs, listened to kids Sabbath songs, and played a few Bible games. I even caught the end part of our church service on-line--the wonders of live streaming!
As I read in a book this morning, I ran across the most beautiful verse. I just had to choose it for this next week's verse. It kind of reminded me of last week's verse, about being anxious for nothing. Really, this is just repeating the very same thing--in slightly different words.
"The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?
"The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1
See? Isn't that almost identical to last weeks verse about being anxious for nothing? And there are so many other verses similar. Kind of makes one wonder why God felt the need to repeat it so much. Hummm. . . just like a parent. I can just hear Him saying "If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times. . . !"
How frustrated he must be when we continue to worry. How hurt He must feel when we don't trust Him.
And I just love how the words are put together in this version--the NIV. My favorite part--"the stronghold of my life."
That's what God is. The stronghold of my life. My Fortress. My Protector.
My Life.
1 comment:
Such wonderful promises.
Hope your daughter is better soon.
Lovely Sabbath days are memorable.
Post a Comment