Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 13:36-58!


Happy Sabbath Everyone!


I thought I would share this picture of Lily of the Valley I took in our little woods. I am especially thrilled with them, since I planted them out there as little roots just a few short weeks ago. And I was SO happy to see them growing and blooming already! I am hoping they spread out there--I WANT them to be invasive! Finding them blooming was like finding a little treasure out there--which is why I picked this picture to go with the Bible verse that stood out at me this morning. Ready? This morning we are finishing Matthew 13.


Scripture:


The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.


Observation:


The kingdom of heaven is worth everything we have, nothing held back.


Application:


But even though the kingdom is worth everything, it cannot be bought. It is not money that gains us passage--but Jesus' shed blood. So the ticket for us each is already bought. But we still have to receive the gift and accept it.


Prayer:


Dear Father--Thank you for sending Jesus to die for my sins. Help me to accept that wonderful gift, each and every day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Come read the Gospels with us! www.momstoolbox.com

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors