Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 26:1-35!


Happy Sabbath Everyone!

Sorry this post is not up for the morning time, but today has been a busy day and I have been helping to feed 90 guests who are here in town for our school's graduation, so other things have had to happen before I could take time on the computer. But I still managed to squeeze in Bible reading and writing out my SOAP this morning--something I try to do each day, even if I don't have time to share it with others by posting it on my blog.

I hope each of you are finding time to spend in Bible reading each day. There are always new things to learn--even if it is something you have read many times before. Today's reading is the first half of Matthew 26, going until verse 35.

Scripture:

Matthew 26:35 But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same.

Observation:

The disciples truely loved Jesus. They had spent the last several years of their lives following Him. They were willing to do whatever He may ask of them--and yes, even to die with Him.

Application:

We all know how the rest of the story goes. Jesus did die, and no--the disciples did not die with Him. They ran. They denied. They betrayed. They did the very thing that had been unimaginable to them before. They left Jesus. But the beautiful thing is that Jesus did not leave them. Jesus still loved them. Jesus forgave them. And that means Jesus forgives me. Because no matter how much I would like to feel that "I" would have been different, the truth is I don't think I would have been. I would have been afraid just as the disciples were. But--with God's help--I can also learn from their story. Learn to trust God and not myself. Because with God, nothing is impossible.

Prayer:

Dear Father--Thank you for Your great forgiveness for us. Help me to depend on You and not myself. Strengthen me to face whatever You want me to do, so that I may not fail You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read through the Gospels with us! www.momstoolbox.com

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors