Friday, April 22, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 19!




Good Morning Everyone!




Today's Scripture reading is Matthew chapter 19, and I am very tickled to have my SOAP devotional for today featured over at http://www.momstoolbox.com/ I love encouraging others, and pray that someone who reads my post over there will be blessed. :D




Scripture:




Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."




The disciples were wondering how anyone could possibly be saved. This verse was Jesus' reply to them.




Observation:




Saving ourselves--whether through our being "perfect" or our doing so many "good deeds" that we "earn" eternal life--just isn't enough.




No matter how hard I try, I will only come up short. I cannot save myself--it truely is impossible.




Application:




I need to let go of my own concepts of doing things myself, and accept God's gift of eternal life. To take the "impossible" situations in my life and truely turn them over to the Lord.




Eighteen years ago my first child was born premature and with cerebral palsy. There was no way I could in my own strength handle raising a disabled child. One day, in worry about the "future," I specifically prayed and gave my son back to God. I asked God to please take care of his special needs, and that I was willing to do whatever He asked me to do but that I could not handle raising a disabled child and providing for all his extra needs. That if God would be in charge, I would be happy to cooperate with Him. After my prayer, I realized that God never asked me to be "in charge" of all my son needed. That always was His job--but I was the one taking it on myself. Here we are, eighteen years later. One short year away from college. And I have to say--my son's special needs have always been provided for. With God, all things are possible.




Prayer:




Dear Father--Thank you for always providing for our needs. Thank you for being "in charge." May we learn to leave our burdens at Your feet, and not try to carry them on our own. And when I forget--thank you for reminding me that You are not limited by my human sight. That no thing is impossible for You.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Come join in the blessing of reading through the Gospels at http://www.momstoolbox.com/

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors