Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Matthew 2 & 3

Are you ready for some washing with SOAP this morning? Here goes:

Scripture:

Matthew 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Observation:

God--the Everlasting Creator of the whole Universe--declared outright that Jesus was His Son. AND that Jesus was following His plan, because God announced that He was "well pleased" with Jesus.

Application:

Should I not therefore follow Jesus? To study His teachings. To pray for power and strength to live each day the way He would live it--were He to be living my life?

Prayer:

Dear Father--Thank you for not only sending Jesus to us, but also for making it plain who Jesus was--Your Son. Help me to walk in His footsteps. To think like Him. To act like Him. To love others like Him.

2 comments:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

When I read the phrase "well-pleased," I am taken back to the parable of the faithful servants in which the master proclaims "well done, my good and faithful servant." May we all hear "well done" from our Lord one day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yea!! That is awesome!!

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors