Today's reading is Matthew 15. There is another miracle feeding of thousands of people, and more interaction with Pharisees on what is clean and unclean. But the part I liked the best is what happened between Jesus and one Canaanite woman. A mother--who was pleading for her child.
Scripture:
Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
Observation:
Jesus healed this woman's daughter--but only after testing her faith. He told her that He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel, and even referred to her nationality as "dogs." This was exactly how Jesus' disciples looked upon the Canaanites, and what Jesus was about to do would be a lesson to them.
Application:
Am I holding on to God's promises, and claiming them for my own the same way this Canaanite woman did? What about when all outward signs seem to point to it being impossible for God's promises being fulfilled--do I give up or hang on tighter? This woman's daughter would not have been healed if she hadn't clung to Jesus and had faith in His goodness and ability to heal. What blessings am I losing out on by my lack of faith in God's goodness and ability?
Prayer:
Dear Father--Help me to cling tighter to You every day, not looking at things around me but only looking at You.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come read with us! You will be blessed! Reading schedule and encouragement at www.momstoolbox.com You are not behind--just jump right in. :)
1 comment:
"...and that woman showed great faith..."
Good words for the day and ones I especially needed. Thank you.
Post a Comment