Friday, December 16, 2011

The Names of Jesus--Day 16

Good Morning!

Our name for Jesus for today is:  The Author and Finisher

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith."  Hebrews 12:2, NIV

Author and Finisher.  Don't ALL authors finish what they started to write?  Well, no!  There are many more articles and books that are started than there are those that are completed.  I love this name for Jesus, because it gives me assurance that JESUS will complete saving me.  All I have to do is cooperate with Him.

I have read that the Greek word for "Author" also could be translated as "leader," "originator," "founder," and "pioneer."  Jesus is all of these things.  Jesus not only created the plan of Salvation, but it is through Him that Christians are able to believe and follow Him.  It reminds me of the father Jesus was talking with in the Bible where the man said "Lord, I believe!  Help my unbelief!"

"Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, 'Lord I believe!  Help my unbelief!'"  Mark 9:23-25 NKJV

We have many beautiful promises in the Bible that Jesus will not leave us to try and be saved on our own.  He knows we cannot do it.  "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion."  Philippians 1:6  All we have to do is accept the wonderful gift.

Beautiful, wonderful Jesus.

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors