Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Names of Jesus--Day 7


Good Morning!

Our name for Jesus for today: The Chief Cornerstone

"Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame." 1 Peter 2:6 NKJV

I do not personally know all that much about building large buildings, but I have read that the cornerstone is the most important part of the foundation. That if the cornerstone is not strong and laid just right, the strength of the entire building will be compromised. There simply must be that strong cornerstone that all the rest of the building depends on. Paul also writes of Jesus being the chief cornerstone.

"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." Ephesians 2:19-21 NIV

Just think. In Him, we are being built to become a dwelling place of God. Amazing.

Beautiful, wonderful Jesus.

2 comments:

~marci~ said...

Loving your series. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Friend said...

I am so glad, Marci! Just praying the posts will be an encouragement to whoever reads them.

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors