Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Names of Jesus--Day 15

Good Morning!

Our name for Jesus for today is: The Burden Bearer

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalms 68:19, NIV

Burden bearer--I LOVE this name for Jesus!!!! Have you ever gone backpacking? I have--but unfortunately, I was totally unprepared for it! I was in high school, and joined the "back pack club" for a trip to the Smokey Mountains. Sounded fun, and it probably would have been except for one thing. I had no idea what I was doing! Our school gave no instruction ahead of time, so I had no idea really of what proper equipment would be, how important it was to pack LIGHT, what kind of good hiking boots you needed, etc. I was totally unprepared. Not to mention that I had never hiked a mountain in my entire life of living on the flat lands of Michigan! The scenery was beautiful. But the trip was miserable!

The one thing that helped keep me from being stranded in the mountains when I fell and twisted my ankle (and the teacher was somewhere over the next mountain by then!) was a friend of mine who carried my backpack for awhile. What a relief! What a blessing! So I can imagine very well what it means to have someone else carry our burdens. . . we are free of them!

Jesus is the only one who can truly carry our burdens in life. No matter how serious of a problem you carry. "You cannot burden Him; you cannot weary Him. . . His heart of love is touched by our sorrows. . . Take to Him everything that perplexes the mind. Nothing is too great for Him to bear, for He holds up worlds, He rules over all the affairs of the universe. . . There is no perplexity too difficult for Him to unravel." Mind, Character, and Personality, vol. 2, (E.G.White) pp. 480,481

How foolish we are when we hold on to our burdens and insist on carrying them ourselves. We are never ever going to make it off that mountain if we do not turn things over to Jesus.

Beautiful, wonderful Jesus.

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Susan~ Thanks so much for this reminder. I really needed it. I have felt the pressure of a burden lately and I needed to be reminded to give it to Jesus.
Have a Happy Sabbath! Lisa :o)

Friend said...

Happy Sabbath to you, too, Lisa! :)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors