Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Names of Jesus--Day 14

Good Morning!

Our name for Jesus for today is: Our Elder Brother

"Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers." Hebrews 2:11, NIV

Brothers--do you have one? I do, and while he teased me unending as a child, now that we are adults I know full well that he would do anything to help me if I were in trouble. Jesus identifies Himself as our elder brother. He is our example. He is our protector. He is our defender. He left heaven to come to earth to save us. He didn't have to--but He chose to. Not because we deserved it--because He is our brother.

"The Elder Brother of our race is by the eternal throne. He looks upon every soul who is turning his face toward Him as the Saviour. He knows by experience what are the weaknesses of humanity, what are our wants, and where lies the strength of our temptations; for He was in all points tempted like we are, yet without sin. He desires us to realize that He has returned to heaven as our Elder Brother and the measureless power given Him has been placed at our disposal." My Life Today, p. 297 (E.G.White)

Beautiful, wonderful Jesus.

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors