Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Names of Jesus--Day 29

Good Morning!

Our name for Jesus for today is: The True Vine

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5, NKJV

Throughout the Bible, a vine is often referred to when the author was talking about union or fruitfulness. Having many sons and daughters would be said to be many vines around your table. The Jewish people considered the vine to be representing majesty, excellence, prosperity, and joy.

Jesus called Himself here the genuine vine. He is more than just a vine--He is the TRUE vine. Union with God is found only through Jesus, the true vine. Only through a connection with the true vine is there salvation and oneness with God.

When we are united with Jesus, the true vine, we will also be united with one another. "By the figure of the vine and the branches, Christ illustrated not only the relation that should exist between Him and His followers, but also the union between every believer and his fellow believer. Each must be dependent alike on the vine for sustenance; and must be joined to the parent stock." Manscript Releases, Vol. 20, p. 362 (E.G.White).

I pray that I may be united with Jesus--the True Vine--today. And every day.

Beautiful, wonderful Jesus.

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors