Monday, April 23, 2012

52 Weeks, 52 Verses--Week 17




Good Morning!

And welcome to a new week! I have been thinking about the book of Isaiah lately. A friend of mine had nieces and nephews who recently took place in a Bible competition. The kids on this team memorized the entire book of Isaiah!!! Now, I "think" they divided it up, with each child having certain chapters that they were responsible for memorizing. . . I don't think each one memorized the entire book on their own. . . but STILL! What a wonderful thing to have children meditating on and memorizing!

So anyway, while unfortunately I do not see ME memorizing the book of Isaiah in my future, it has still gotten me thinking more about this book, which is one of my very favorite books in the entire Bible. I say one of, because I have several others that I can't leave out as I love them as well. Psalms is one, definitely Matthew. And I like Revelation because it tells of the beautiful "Happily Ever After" ending to our story. Anyway, since I have been thinking about the book of Isaiah, I thought I would pick for this week one of my favorite verses from this book. I love this verse, because it tells me where to put my trust:

"Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?" Isaiah 2:22

Isn't that good? Can't you just imagine in your mind God saying this to you? I can. Yes, it is wonderful to have loving people next to you that you can trust and that who will help you. Your family, definitely your parents. I even rely on AAA! But all these will at some time fail. While God may use them to bless me, it is not any of these who will carry me through.

There is no one but God.

By the way--my friend's nieces and nephews? They won first place! :)


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors