
This has been a hard week emotionally. Tuesday, a funeral was held at our church for an eleven year old boy who died in a jet ski accident. Eleven years old. Barely three years older than my little one. I pray for his family. What a sad thing for them.
Then yesterday, we heard of a sixteen year old boy who drowned while swimming with friends. Yesterday was such a lovely day. Much too lovely for a death of a young man barely starting on his life journey. Again, I pray for this family. Especially for his mother who went to sleep last night and woke up this morning to what she would have hoped was just a bad nightmare. Only sixteen. Just three years younger than my son.
Even though I did not personally know either of these young people, as a parent I hurt. I hurt for their families. And I pray for them to have God to lean on--no, not to lean on, but to be carried by. For there is no way a parent can pass through that journey on their own.
This weeks verse--especially chosen for these families:
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4
Come soon, Lord Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment