Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Sabbath!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6,7

Peace of God. That's what I want. A peace that is so calm and solid that worry can find no foothold. A peace that knows that God is in control so I do not have to be. (I don't do a very good job at being in control anyway!) A peace that guards my heart and mind--the places where my feelings and my worries are!

Peace of God. Piece of God. It is only when we have a "piece" of God that we will have the "peace" of God. And so I continue to thirst for His Word. For it is by reading the Bible that I gain Christ.

Happy Sabbath Everyone!

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

A piece of God in order to have the peace of God - I like that! Lisa :o)

Glenda said...

I enjoyed reading this post.
Do you have all your verses memorized?

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors