
Good Morning!
And "Happy Monday!" At least I am remembering to post the verse for this week a bit earlier this time! ;)
My thoughts are still caught up with helping our son launch into his college life and his adult life that is opening up to him. Hard to think that he is all grown up! Well, his mommy will STILL tell him what to do--I remember once my father and my grandmother were going through a buffet line at a restaurant. My grandmother picks up a serving spoon of some food item and puts it on my father's plate, saying "eat some of this--it's good for you!" Which just goes to show that even when my son is 49 years old--as my father was at the time this happened--I as his mother can still tell him what to do!
So on that note--of earthly parents telling adult children what to do--it brings me to my verse for this week. We are so blessed that we have our heavenly parent. He knows ever so much more than we earthly parents know. He will never fail us, and does not make mistakes.
"I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble." Proverbs 4:11,12
Isn't that beautiful? Guiding us in the way of wisdom. That's what "I" need. Especially when I am trying to guide my son. I cannot do it, for what wisdom I thought I knew is foolishness. I am so thankful that God can do what I cannot for my son. And to think of walking and running unhampered--this is even more precious of a promise to me, as my son has cerebral palsy. There has never been a time in his life when he has been able to walk or run unhampered.
Precious promises to hang on to.
1 comment:
What great verses! Think I will have to spend some time claiming this promise as well.
Lisa :o)
Post a Comment