Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!


Hello Everyone!

I just returned from helping out in our church's SonRise service. What an awesome experience, to follow Jesus through the streets of Jerusalem, to see Him interacting with His disciples at the Last Supper, and to follow him on to the cross. How blessed we are that the story does not end there. The period mark is not after the grave. The story does not end there. Because He is coming back for us. He promised. He will come. And we will live with Him forever and ever.

When I was a little girl (o.k., even now I am like this!) I only wanted to read stories that had a good ending. In my definition of "good," it meant that they all lived "happily ever after." I wanted everything to work out well and all to be happy. I would have to say that Jesus coming to take us home has got to be the best "Happily ever after" story that ever was!

Something interesting happened as I was going through the SonRise program with my daughter. At one point, we were watching the part of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, and the person who was playing the role of Satan was all around Jesus--trying to discourage Him, telling Him it was no good. That He was wasting His time on trying to save humans. My daughter looked up at me and said "Mom--Satan is kind of loud, isn't he?" I knew what she was referring to--the student playing the part of Satan was shouting and yelling--but I couldn't help but think how true her words were. Satan is kind of loud. He is "in your face" and "in your way" kind of loud. He is lying, so to make up for it he shouts. He uses force. He uses scare tactics. So opposite of our sweet, kind, loving Jesus. Yes, my daughter. Satan IS loud. And I don't want to listen to him any more. I only want to listen to Jesus.

Sweet, beautiful Jesus.

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors