Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankfulness--Day 16

Good Morning!

Today I am thankful for something I use every single day--many times a day, in fact. I am thankful for my phone!

Whether it is a cell phone, a land line, or gasp--a pay phone (can you even FIND pay phones any more?), phones keep us connected.

I can call my friend to ask her for a recipe or advice on homeschooling. Yesterday I called customer service of a certain local store to ask if they had any coupons they could send me as I am looking at making a major purchase in their store--they are sending me one in the mail! My husband called me from the doctor's office to let me know the doctor prescribed some medicine for our son and they were going to stop at the pharmacy to pick it up. Upon occasion, I have even called AAA to tell them my car broke down and I need a tow truck! Phones are useful for so many things--both large and small.

But wonderful that they are, they do have some drawbacks. Phone bills for one! Cell phone minutes can run out. No change for a pay phone, or even no connection as your phone searches for coverage. Our phones can fail us.

I love having a phone, but how thankful I am that I do not have to use my phone to communicate with Jesus. It doesn't matter if I have paid my phone bill, or if I am hemmed in with tree cover. My heavenly connection is always there, instantly and crystal clear. "Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:15

My phone calls to Jesus are never interrupting Him. In fact, He is waiting to hear from me. Waiting to hear from you.

Today I am thankful for my phone. What are YOU thankful for?

2 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I am totally with you on this one~well really everything you have been thankful for~but this one is very special.
I, too, am so thankful that we have access to the throne of God anytime. He is always there.
Have a great day! Lisa :o)

Friend said...

You have a wonderful day too, Lisa! :)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors