Good Morning!
Today I am thinking of something I use each day. . . something that helps me organize things I need to remember as well as save money and keep in contact with my family and friends. That's right--my computer! I am very thankful that I have a computer to use for different activities. I grew up in the "dark ages" when no one had a computer at their home--and the only computers that existed were the ones that took up whole rooms in the research labs of the scientists!
Now a days, it is very common for people to not only have a computer in their home, but many people have more than one! As a teacher, my husband uses a computer daily--all day long, to write his lectures, create power points, make up home work assignments. As a home school teacher, I purchase home school curriculum that is a download--never even having a paper copy of the curriculum at all.
My computer helps me organize and keep things I need to remember. It contains my shopping list, my e-mail addresses, etc. If my computer dies--I am in big trouble!
With as many things as I feel I have to keep track of, have you ever thought of how many things God needs to remember? The Bible tells us:
"And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Matthew 10:30
The very hairs? Of each person? In the whole world? How can God remember all that?! Does He have a big computer????? If He does, I am glad that it must work better than mine! Mine will occasionally have glitches and freeze up, becoming useless until I turn it off and things reset themselves. How thankful I am that God does not lose track of me, if His computer decides not to work! He knows right where I am and what I am doing. Whether He has a computer or not, He never loses track of where I am. If He knew Jonah was in the belly of the whale, He knows when I am sitting in gridlock traffic. He loves me so much, He numbers the very hairs on my head. Wow!
Today I am thankful for my computer. What are YOU thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment