Sorry I did not get to my thankfulness post this morning--I was busy helping company get breakfast and getting ready for church. But that does not mean I haven't been thinking about what I am thankful for today.
With having just celebrated Thanksgiving Day, and the Christmas season now "officially" starting, I am seeing more and more announcements for choir programs or sing-a-longs or other musical concerts that are coming up soon to help celebrate Christmas and Jesus coming to this earth.
I am not especially talented in music. I only play a tiny bit of piano, and an equally tiny bit of mountain dulcimer. But one musical instrument that I have always enjoyed that God gave to each one of us is our voice--we can all sing! (Yes, I know some will argue with me and say they "can't" sing--but I will argue right back and say that you CAN sing!) It does not matter if you carry a tune perfectly or not--singing is something you can do. Singing expresses someone's deepest feelings--whether those feelings are happy or sad.
The Bible talks a LOT about singing. In fact, you probably already know that the Psalms are all originally songs that the people sang to the Lord. Some of the Psalms are singing about God's great deliverance--others are singing about needing God's help. Today our pastor's sermon was based on Psalms 95. It went right along with my thoughts on being thankful for singing, so I thought I would share a bit of it here:
"O come, let us sing unto the LORD:
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving,
and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the deep places of the earth:
the strength of the hills is his also.
The sea is his, and he made it:
and his hands formed the dry land.
O come, let us worship and bow down:
let us kneel before the LORD our maker."
Psalms 95:1-6
Today I am thankful for singing. What are YOU thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment