Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankfulness--Day 2

Good Morning!

What are you thankful for this morning? Today I am thankful for my house. It is not huge by any means, though so many poor in this world would think it a mansion. My house is old. The windows are drafty and in the winter time we get a nice little coating of ice forming on them due to the air leakage. But when it is cold outside and you come inside, it is a whole lot warmer inside the house than out! Even with drafty windows! It is a retreat from the world. A place we can rest, play, study and sleep. And I am thankful for it--it is a gift from God.

I'm sure you already know that the Bible talks about houses. Here is one of my favorite "house" verses:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:1-3

Home. A place to be together. A place to live with God.

What are YOU thankful for today?


1 comment:

Tonya said...

Amen.
I am thankful for my houuse as well. Having been without one, truly a home of any sort style or size is a blessing.

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors