Tuesday, December 27, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Day 147
Good Morning Friends!
Have you had a chance to read Psalm 147 today? If not, be sure to take a few minutes to do so--you will not be disappointed!
This Psalm in my Bible has the subtitle of "Praise to God for His Word and Providence." The entire Psalm talks of God's mighty power--isn't it easy to forget? I mean, we sometimes kinda relegate God to just whatever we humans could do. Which is understandable, since He became human--but we need to not forget that at the same time He is completely God as well. We have no reason to feel helpless, because our Help in ALL circumstances is just waiting for us to want His help!
I liked a lot of the verses, but chose to record just verse 3 in my notebook:
"He heals the brokenhearted, And binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
Have you ever felt brokenhearted? If you live on this earth I'm pretty sure you have. And wounds--who among us is NOT wounded? Not one, I would say. But this promise says that we can be healed--and our God is the one who can and WILL do it, if we let Him!
My Bible also had this study note for this chapter, which I found very encouraging so I wanted to share it with you here:
"Jesus is watching over you, trembling child of God. Are you tempted? He will deliver. Are you weak? He will strengthen. Are you ignorant? He will enlighten. Are you wounded? He will heal. . . The way will be opened for you to disentangle yourself from embarrassment and difficulty. The weaker and more helpless you know yourself to be, the stronger will you become in His strength. The heavier your burdens, the more blessed the rest in casting them upon the Burden Bearer."
Desire of Ages, by E. G. White, p. 329
THAT is what I need to remember--that I have a Burden Bearer! Why do I insist on trying pathetically to carry everything myself when He is much more capable and will do a fantastic job of fixing my mess and is standing by just begging me to let Him help?
Hand your burdens over to Him today--He is delighted to carry them for you!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

1 comment:
Can you please contact me at 9043093500? I want to know if there are co-ops on tennessee?
Sharon
Post a Comment