Saturday, December 10, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 130


Good Morning!  And Happy Sabbath to Everyone!

Today we are onto reading Psalm 130.  Hard to believe hot fast this reading plan is moving along--even though it is a slow reading plan with just one chapter a day.  It still marches right along!

I LOVE this Psalm!  My Bible gives it a subtitle of "Waiting for the Redemption of the LORD."  Do you ever feel like you are waiting for the Lord?  Does it seem like He is slow in answering?  I think we all wonder that sometimes!  And just have to remind ourselves to trust His timing. . .

This is  a short  chapter, with only eight verses--but I could only narrow it down a little bit, and still recorded three of the verses into my Bible notebook!

"Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD."  Psalm 130:1

Out of the depths--from right in the middle of our problems we can call to Him.  We do not have to wait until our lives are all wrapped up neat and clean before we come to talk with Him.  He can handle the reality--the messy--the real.  But praise God He does not leave us in our pig pens, but lifts us up and cleans our lives!

"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope."  Psalm 130:5

In His word I do hope--How can we hope in His Word if we are not reading His word to see what it says?  To see what He has promised?  To hide His promises in our hearts?  Bible memory is something that is not easy for me.  I have done some chapters successfully before--I actually found it easier to memorize a chapter than to memorize single verses!  Have not done any memory work for a while now though, and that is something I want to get back to doing. . .

"O Israel, hope in the LORD.  For with the LORD there is mercy, And with Him is abundant redemption."  Psalm 130:7

Mercy and abundant redemption--not stingy redemption, not just for one or two, but for all who come to Him.

All.  That includes me!  That includes you!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors