Saturday, December 24, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 144
Good Morning Everyone!
Today we are reading in Psalm 144. There were several verses that I thought about recording--some days I really have a hard time choosing just one or two! I finally settled on one that talks about what I have devoted most of my adult life to--that of raising my children:
"That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; That our daughters may be as pillars, sculptured in palace style." Psalm 144:12
This--THIS is what I want. I want my son to be raised to bring glory and honor to his Creator. I want my daughter to be raised to be not a princess in earthly fashion (or a Disney Princess!), but a princess of the One True King. My study Bible had this note in it on this verse:
"In the children committed to her care, every mother has a sacred charge from God. 'Take this son, this daughter,' He says: 'train it for Me; give it a character polished after the similitude of a palace, that it may shine in the courts of the Lord forever."
Ministry of Healing by E. G. White, p. 376
What an awesome and heavy task--that of raising and teaching a human! One that we could never do without His continual help and guidance! But then, further down in Psalm 144, we find this gem:
"Happy are the people who are in such a state; Happy are the people whose God is the LORD!" Psalm 144:15
The only way for true happiness--following God!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment