Sunday, December 11, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 131
Good Frosty Morning Everyone!
I don't know about where you live, but where I live we are getting the coldest temperatures we have had since the winter started, and today there is a nice layer of frost on top of car windshields!
In our reading plan, we are on Psalm 131 today. A very very short Psalm--the entire thing is only three verses long! So yes, I controlled myself and narrowed it down to just one that I recorded in my notebook:
"Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me." Psalm 131:2
And can you see in my picture the subtitle this chapter is given in my Bible? It says "Simple Trust in the Lord." Do you catch the same word that I do? SIMPLE. Not complicated, but simple. We simply need to trust in our God, lie a baby trusts in his mother because she has always been there for him, meeting whatever needs he has. Does God leave us? Isn't HE always with us, meeting our needs? Cannot we always run to Him with whatever problems we have? In fact, does He not invite us and TELL us to bring our problems to Him, rather than try unsuccessfully to handle them on our own?
This verse 2 was cross referenced in my Bible to Matthew 18:3, so I was curious and looked that verse up to see what it said:
"And he said: 'Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.' " Matthew 18:3
And it goes on in the next verse as well:
"Therefore whoever humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:4
I think the subtitle really does say it all. Simple trust in the Lord. That is what we need each and every day. Morning and night. Problems or when everything is going well. In good times and in bad, simply trust in the Lord. It is the only way to happiness. And the only way that our problems will truly be solved--because He is able to conquer any size problem--even death.
So today--practice bringing each problem to Him. I know He is waiting to hear from you!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment