Friday, December 30, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 150


Good Morning Friends!

Well here we are!  At the very last day of our 150 Days in the Psalms!  It is hard to believe--I really didn't think I would be able to post this regularly, but I am thankful that even in spite of a bout with the flu, I am still blessed to be here at the finish line!  What a blessing going through the Psalms slowly has been for me!  I would love to hear if any of you have a plan for what you are going to do next for your own personal quiet time.  I am still considering what I will choose to do next, and welcome ideas!

Today's Psalm--Psalm 150--was a short one again, but still packed with guidance for us.  I especially loved the last verse, so that is the one I wrote in my Bible notebook:

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.  Praise the LORD!" Psalm 150:6

I also colored a page to add in to my Bible notebook.  I am not much of an artist myself, so have only added in art pages when I find a Scripture coloring page that I can copy, but I am adding in as many art pages as I can find, as they really bring me happiness as I am paging through my notebook!  Art is a side of me that definitely needs to be developed more, so I am thankful for artists that share their work with others!

My Study Bible had a beautiful note on this verse, that really spoke to my heart so I wanted to also share it with you here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If we would but think of God as often as we have evidence of His care for us we should keep Him ever in our thoughts and should delight to talk of Him and to praise Him.  We talk of temporal things because we have an interest in them.  We talk of our friends because we love them; our joys and our sorrows are bound up with them.  Yet we have infinitely greater reason to love God than to love our earthly friends; it should be the most natural thing in the world to make Him first in all our thoughts, to talk of His goodness and tell of His power.  The rich gifts He has bestowed upon us were not intended to absorb our thoughts and love so much that we should have nothing to give to God; they are constantly to remind us of Him and to bind us in bonds of love and gratitude to our heavenly Benefactor.  We dwell too near the lowlands of earth.  Let us raise our eyes to the open door of the sanctuary above, where the light of the glory of God shines in the face of Christ, who "is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him" (Hebrews 7:25).

Steps to Christ, by E. G. White, p. 102

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD--my very breath came from Him.  Isn't it only right that it should be returned to Him, in the form of praises and thanksgivings?  For without Him, I truly am nothing except dust.

"Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."  Genesis 2:7

What praise do YOU have for your Creator God today?

Thank you SO much for joining me on this trip through the Psalms!  It has been so much more fun and more of a blessing sharing with all of you and hearing you share things back with me!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors