Tuesday, December 20, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 140
Good Morning Friends!
Today we start the countdown to the end of the Psalms! Only nine more chapters! I am going to miss this daily time. A break will be good, but I will be needing to think about what I want to do next. If any of you who have been reading the Psalms along with me have any ideas of what you are going to study next, please share!
For Psalm 140, I choose to write down verses 12 and 13:
"I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and justice for the poor. Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; The upright shall dwell in Your presence." Psalm 140:12,13
These verses make me think--are we depending on our God and following His direction? Sometimes He does ask people to DO something. But other times, He asks us to instead trust Him to work things out.
"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14
Perhaps it is harder for we as humans to depend on Him to take care of our problems for us. But He will not forget us!
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:15,16
He will not forget you.
He cannot.
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment