Monday, December 12, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 132
Good Morning Everyone!
Today we are reading in Psalm 132. It is a precious Psalm, really. Just to think about how much David loved God, and what his heart wanted to be able to do in order to show that love. . .
I wrote down verses 4 and 5 in my Bible notebook, and they go like this:
"I will allow no sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, til I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob." Psalm 132:4,5
David did not want to sleep until he had planned a house for the Lord--a place for God to dwell and for people to come and worship Him. I cannot help but think--how often do I rush through my day, putting off meeting with God? Is it my highest priority to meet with Him first thing? Or do I start going through my to-do list, pushing off the time to meet with Him until later and later? Do we value our time with God as much as we value eating breakfast--or taking a hot shower--or getting a drink of water?
Water is pretty important--and the minute you are told you cannot have any that is when you are even more and more thirsty! We are experiencing this right now, as my husband woke me this morning telling me that we had no water. Upon checking things further, we learned that the entire town has no water--big water break somewhere. I am praying for their success in getting the water problem fixed soon--not only for myself, but we also have quite a few nursing homes and retirement centers in our area, and I hate to think of the older folks being without water like we are. . . But it does make me think--do I thirst after God the same way?
Spend time today drinking at the fountain of life--the one that washes all your sins away. There is nothing more important that you can do!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment