Friday, December 23, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 143
Good Morning Friends!
Today is Psalm 143! Have you read it yet this morning? If not, be sure that you do, because there are several beautiful gems in here that you are not going to want to miss!
In my Bible, this Psalm has the subtitle of "An Earnest Appeal for Guidance and Deliverance," and it certainly is! It is more than an appeal, though--it is also a beautiful pledge of what David wants to do in following his God. I really loved verse 8--this is also what I want in my heart, so this is the verse that I wrote down in my Bible Notebook:
"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You." Psalm 143:8
This is what "I" want too! I want to HEAR God in the morning! I want to TRUST in Him! I want to KNOW the way I should walk! I want to LIFT my soul up to Him! I want to follow God the same way my Labrador Retriever dog follows me around the house--every step that I take! I never walk to another room, without her appearing right after me. She for whatever reason, either is gathering security from being near me, or feels the need to guard me, or something! I do not understand all that goes on in her little doggie thinking, but I do know her happiest place is when she parks herself right at my feet. Perhaps we can take a lesson from a faithful dog!
I looked up the term "lovingkindness," as it is a bit of an old fashioned word. I found an interesting tidbit about the coining of this word that I thought I would share with you here. At least if Wikipedia is correct, then this is how this word was invented!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The term loving-kindness (or "lovingkidness") was coined by Myles Coverdale in his Coverdale Bible of 1535, as an English translation of the Hebrew word chesed (which appears in the Latin Vulgate as "misericordia"); in that text it is spelled "louinge kyndnesse."
Wikipedia.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also looked up several definitions:
A specific kind of love characterized by acts of kindness; Tender kindness motivated by a feeling of affection.
God's loving-kindness is all around us, every morning. I pray that He will help us to hear and to see it today!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment