Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days--A Look at the 90 Day Bible

News Flash!

Starting July 11, 2011, Amy over at www.momstoolbox.com is starting up another through the Bible in 90 days on-line program. This is the same program that I participated in back in January, and was SO blessed that I did. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it--it will be an experience that you will never forget, and you will be blessed far more than you can even imagine. This program has a 90 day reading schedule http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/b90orgbookmark.pdf and you can follow along using whatever favorite Bible you already have. That said, there does exist an "Official" Bible in 90 Days Bible. I have had some questions as to whether you need to purchase this to do the program. Short answer, "No." Long answer, "No, but some people find it helpful." My sister did the program along with me, and simply used her own Bible--and yes, she finished. I was blessed with a scholarship from the Bible in 90 Days web site, and really enjoyed using the Bible that they gifted me with. If you are needing help with a Bible, go to their web site http://www.biblein90days.org/and search for where they mention "scholarships." I know they have a limited amount of scholarship money available, but what they do have available for that they really do use--I am a testimony of that, because I received their scholarship.

So, to help you know better what what benefits the Bible in 90 Days Bible may give you, I took some pictures of my own Bible to show you.


The main "thing" this Bible has is every 12 pages are marked to stop on that page for a certain day's reading, or to begin a day's reading there. The whole Bible is divided into the daily reading selections being every 12 pages--you will ALWAYS be reading 12 pages in this Bible. All the markings, though, are simply at the top of the page--they are never put in the middle of the page. Very helpful to have, especially if you are dragging your Bible around with you during the day, it gives you a "heads up" where you don't have to think about where to stop, just read till you get to the marked page.


The back flap of the paper cover has the 90 Day reading schedule printed on it. A handy place to make check marks and keep track of your progress. If you do not have this Bible, though, you can do the same thing with the Bible reading plan book marks that I linked to above. I had printed out a page of the book marks (prints three copies of the reading plan on one page). I gave one to my mom, kept one as a book mark in my Bible, and pinned one above my desk on my corkboard. That helped keep it in front of my eyes and in my thoughts to make sure I didn't forget to do my daily reading.









Inside the last several pages this Bible also has a couple different reading guides--this one is for if you are listening to the Bible on CDs at the same time as you are reading it. This guide helps you know where on your CD you will stop or start each day. I actually already owned the NIV Bible on CDs, and found this to be the VERY most helpful thing for me as I was reading. I have a terrible time with my mind wandering away while I am reading--then all of a sudden you get to the end of the page and realize that you haven't been paying attention even though your eyes were "reading." It wasn't getting through to your mind, which had wandered away and was thinking about how you need to remember to start the laundry! I do this ALL the time! That is, all the time until I started using my Bible CDs along with my Bible. I literally sat at my desk, read my Bible, and listened to my CDs. It REALLY helped in the "wandering mind" department!

This is showing that this Bible version really is not too large--handy for when you are carrying it around with you. It is a NIV version, which I find easy to read. There are purposely no study notes or concordance in the back--both to keep it thin, as well as to not distract you from your purpose of READING.

So there you have it. I hope this gives people a good overview of the advantages this 90 Day Bible will give you--yet at the same time show how it is really not absolutely necessary for you to do the program. If you think some of these features will help you--then get this Bible. If you have a different version Bible that you favor, then by all means use that one. The important thing is not which Bible you have and use--the important thing is that you are reading! :)

Hope this helps! And if anyone wants to sign up with Mom's Tool Box for the July 11, 2011 Bible in 90 Days, you can read more information here: http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/bible-in-90-days-reading-schedule/ If you would like to specifically ask to be in my mentor group, you can ask for me by name at the last question on the sign-up questionaire, where it asks if there is anything else you want Amy to know about you. Pray about joining us--and Happy Bible Reading!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have just joined the Bible in 90 Days program for July and am really itching to get started. I have read bits and pieces of my Bible over the last couple years but never the entire thing, and never in 90 Days. I am so excited to start this challenge and really pray that I find God even more.

P.S. I love your blog :)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors