Today we are reading in John chapter 6. I love this chapter, because it assures me that with Jesus I do not need to fear.
Scripture:
But he said to them, "It is I; don't be afraid." John 6:20
Observation:
The disciples were crossing the lake. It was dark, and Jesus had not joined them. The wind began to grow strong, and the waters rough. Suddenly, they saw Jesus walking on the water towards them, and they were terrified.
Application:
What were they afraid of? That Jesus could do something so impossible for us to do? When I really think about it, would I want a Savior who was only able to do the same as I could do myself? Wouldn't be much of a Savior then--I could simply save myself. Or more likely, perish myself. Truly I do understand the disciples fear. But as Jesus told them not to be afraid, He tells me the same. And it is truthfully only when Jesus is with me that I have no reason to fear.
Prayer:
Dear Father--Thank you for this assurance that I do not have to be afraid when You are with me. Help me to trust more in You.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come read the Gospels with us and be blessed! www.momstoolbox.com
No comments:
Post a Comment