I couldn't resist showing you another picture of these peppermint striped flowers! I think they remind me of peppermint ice cream--my favorite! Though these flowers are much lower in calories...
Our Scripture reading for today is Luke, chapter 16. Read along with me and ponder God's value system.
Scripture:
Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. Luke 16:10
Observation:
Jesus was again teaching His disciples, and was telling them the parable of the shrewd manager, who forgave debts owed to his master in order to gain friendships for himself. The Pharisees were listening as Jesus told this parable, and Luke says that the Pharisees loved money and sneered at Jesus and His teachings. Jesus said to them "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight." Luke 16:15
Application:
Can I be trusted with little, so that I may be trusted with much? Not "much" in the world's eyes, but "much" in God's eyes? I think what the world values can be condensed into one word. Money. What God values can also be put into one word. People. The world throws away people, and saves money. God throws away money and saves people. As I read this chapter, I cannot help but ask myself how am I treating the people in my life? My mother, father, brother, sisters, husband, children, aunts, uncles, cousins, and the people I run into in my daily activities?
Prayer:
Dear Father--Thank you for valuing us so much! Place Your value system inside me today. Help me to treat my family, friends, and even strangers with Your love today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come read the Gospels with us! www.momstoolbox.com
No comments:
Post a Comment