Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Luke 11!

Good Morning!

How do you like this flower picture? I just took this one a couple weeks ago. It was in my mother-in-law's flower garden, and I love how beautiful and pure it looks. It reminds me of Jesus, in it's lovely clean whiteness. Here on earth, this flower will soon show signs of decay. But there will be no decay in heaven.....

But--before I get myself too off track, today's Scripture reading is Luke, chapter 11. Grab your Bibles and read it with me! :)

Scripture:

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" Luke 11:12

Observation:

Jesus' disciples had come to Jesus, asking Him to teach them how to pray. Jesus agreed to do this, and taught them what we know as "The Lord's Prayer." Then He goes on and tells them to ask God in prayer for what they need. To seek, to knock, and they would find what they were looking for. And He assures them that God will give them only good gifts--with the best gift being the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Application:

Do we trust God? I know at first I think to myself "of course I do!" because I know in my brain that He is trustworthy. But when it comes to my heart, I am much more cautious. I don't want to be disappointed, so if you don't ask for much, you won't be let down if you don't get it, right? But--Jesus tells us to do the exact opposite. To ask, seek, knock. And He promises God will answer. The Holy Spirit, the Comforter, was the special gift given when Jesus returned to heaven. God will not leave me without guidance if I will but ask Him. And God knows how to give the best gifts of all.

Prayer:

Dear Father--Forgive my lack of trust. Help me to trust You completely, nothing held back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come read the Gospels with us! www.momstoolbox.com

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors