Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: John 3!

Good Morning!

Today's reading is John, chapter 3. A familiar passage, yet always something new to discover...

Scripture:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:16,17

Observation:

Nicodemus was a member of the Jewish ruling council. Curious--starting to believe yet surrounded by unbelief--he sought Jesus out at night. Under the cover of darkness, away from other prying eyes, he could ask his questions. As Jesus and he talked together, Jesus told him the above verses. That God loved the world so much that He sent Jesus so we would not die a forever death. That Jesus did not come to condemn, but to save.

Application:

What beautiful words--but the best part is that they are true. I do not have to "earn" God's love. He already loves me. Even when I make mistakes or let Him down, He still loves me. He does not condemn me, but instead lifts me up. And I am set free.

Prayer:

Dear Father--I am so thankful that Nicodemus went to Jesus that night. Thank you for having that conversation recorded in the Bible so I can read it all these years later. But most of all, thank you for loving me like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join us as we read through the Gospels! www.momstoolbox.com

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors