Today we are reading Luke chapter 13.
Scripture:
If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down. Luke 13:9
Observation:
Jesus was telling a parable of a man who had a fig tree planted in his vineyard. For three years he came looking for figs, but there never were any. Finally he went to the caretaker of the vineyard and said to cut down the fig tree--it should not be taking up space when not producing. The caretaker, however, asked for one more years time. He said he would dig around it and fertilize it and see if the next year the tree would produce fruit.
Application:
God bears long with each one of us. Are we producing fruit for Him? With all of the love, care, and blessings God has given to me, am I blossoming and growing for Him? This is our time to do that. This old sinful world of ours will not continue forever. Jesus is coming back, and He will be gathering up His harvest. What am I doing for Him today?
Prayer:
Dear Father--Help me to produce fruit for you. I am so selfish, I tend to just keep taking and taking. Show me how to give.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come read with us! www.momstoolbox.com
1 comment:
That parable really stood out to me also. I am glad you wrote about it.
Lisa :O)
Post a Comment