Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Luke 14!

Good Morning!

Here is a beautiful flower to start your day! :) I love pink anyway, but the stripes on this flower I thought were especially beautiful. Can't you just imagine how it was when God was creating the world? How many different flower types He made--and all for our enjoyment because He loves us!

Today's Scripture reading is Luke, chapter 14. Grab your Bibles and read along with me!

Scripture:

The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.' Luke 14:21

Observation:

In this parable, Jesus told of a man who was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. But when everything was ready, all the invited guests began making excuses for not coming. One had just bought a field and wanted to go see it. Another had a new set of oxen and wanted to go try them out. One had just gotten married and made that his excuse. Upon hearing this report, the master told his servant to go and invite ANYONE and EVERYONE, even those who would normally be excluded from a banquet such as this. He wanted his house to be full.

Application:

The invitation in this parable is for me too! God is preparing a great banquet to celebrate Jesus' second coming. You and I are both invited! A place is prepared. Can you imagine a place card with your name on it? We are wanted--but whether we accept is up to us. I know I want to be there--I need to make sure I do not get so busy in other activities that I miss the event!

Prayer:

Dear Father--Thank you for the invitation! It is humbling to think that You want me there. Help me to not miss it, for any reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read through the Gospels with us! www.momstoolbox.com

1 comment:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I LOVE your photo of the flower. It is gorgeous! :O)

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors