Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blogging through the Gospels: Luke 21!


Good Morning!

Today our Scripture reading is Luke, chapter 21. Good instruction for us today, so come and read along with me!

Scripture:

Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. Luke 21:34

Observation:

Jesus was speaking to His disciples, telling them signs of His second coming. After telling them signs such as wars, the sun, moon and stars being shaken, etc., He gave them this warning--to be careful to not let themselves get burdened down too much by daily life.

Application:

These same words apply to me today. How well Jesus knew me! It is SO easy to get too caught up in all of the day's burdens that I forget the big picture. As the expression goes, I can't see the forest through the trees. I may be taking care of my children, but am I forgetting to teach them about Jesus? It is good to clean my home. But am I forgetting to clean my heart?

Prayer:

Dear Father--I have asked this before, and I ask it again. Grant me Your eyes, that I will see and value things the way You do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join us as we read through the Gospels! www.momstoolbox.com

1 comment:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

This one struck me, too. It was actually tough for me to decide, at first, which one was the right one for me today.

I also can get caught up in the day's burdens and miss the big picture. This reminder to keep His eternal plan and glory in mind was a good one... And a much better place to put my focus!

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors