I thought I would share today this cool picture of a fern that I took while I was on vacation. It is just partway unrolled. If I reach waaaaaaay back into my memory from summer camp, when I took the class "Mosses, Likens, and Liverworts" from Mrs. Jewkes, I believe these are called "fiddleheads," when they are just partly unrolled. It looks like the end of a fiddle, doesn't it? Anyway, hope you enjoy looking at it. I love looking closely at things in nature. There are so many discoveries just waiting for you to see them.....
Today our Scripture reading is Luke, chapter 20.
Scripture:
. . . Then give to Caesar what is Caesars, and to God what is God's. Luke 20:25
Observation:
The priests and teachers of the law were trying to trap Jesus by asking Him if it was right for them to pay taxes to Caesar. Jesus asked for a coin, then asked whose picture was on the coin. "Caesar's," was the reply.
Application:
So what belongs to the government, and what to God? According to this story, our money belongs to our government, but our hearts belong to God. What is in my heart will determine how I treat others around me each day. God does not need our money--He is the Creator of the Universe. But He does need our hearts, because He loves us so.
Prayer:
Dear Father--I can still hardly believe how You love me so. Show me clearly each day how to treat others--so my heart will show that i belong to You.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come look for blessings with us! Read the Gospels with Mom's Tool Box! www.momstoolbox.com
No comments:
Post a Comment