Good Morning Everyone!
Today I thought Psalm 64 was quite interesting in that it is primarily speaking about people--speaking! About the wicked using their tongues like a sword, and then in the end concludes with a verse of hope--which is the one I recorded in my notebook:
"The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and trust in Him. And all the upright in heart shall glory." Psalm 64:10
But--before this beautiful verse of trust are verses such as these:
"Hide me from the secret plots of the wicked. From the rebellion of the workers of iniquity. Who sharpen their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows--bitter words, that they may shoot in secret at the blameless. . . " Psalm 64:2-4
Words reveal what is in our hearts. "I tell you, on the day of judgement people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will e justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:36,37
I want to be careful with my words. I want my words to build people up--not tear them down. To encourage them to keep going--not tell them to give up To point them to Jesus--the Living Word.
Have a beautiful day today--and use your words for good, and not for evil.
~Susan

No comments:
Post a Comment