Hi Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend now! My yesterday started out bright and early with appointments and errands I needed to meet, so I didn't have time to post on my blog--but I DID still read Psalm 61 and choose a verse to record in my Bible notebook! So I thought I would take a minute to share my thoughts with you now. . .
For Psalm 61 I LOVED verse 2! It reads like this:
"From the end of the earth I will cry to You. When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2
Has YOUR heart ever felt overwhelmed? I think if you live in this world, you can certainly answer this with a resounding "YES!" I know I have felt overwhelmed, and more than once as well! Sometimes it is big things that are overwhelming to us, and sometimes it may be small things. But the end result is the same--we know we are inadequate for whatever the problem is that we are facing.
My Study Bible had a note in it linked to this verse, and I really liked it so I thought I would share it with you:
The same beautiful and expressive figures are carried throughout the Bible. Centuries before the advent of Christ, Moses pointed to Him as the rock of Israel's salvation (Deuteronomy 32:15); the psalmist sang of Him as "my Redeemer," "the rock of my strength," "the rock that is higher than I," "a rock of habitation," "rock of my heart," "rock of my refuge" (Psalms 19:14; 62:7; 61:2; 71:3; 73:26; 94:22)
Patriarches and Prophets by E. G. White p. 413
He is our Rock. And He is plenty powerful enough to be our strength, our refuge, our Redeemer--and my favorite, the holder of our hearts.
Give your problems to Him today--He will not fail you!
~Susan

No comments:
Post a Comment