Good Morning Everyone!
Sorry this post is getting up a bit later than usual! I went to start posting, and BLIP! My computer completely shut down! Turns out the battery was drained 100%, so there was nothing to be done except give it a while to charge back up! But I really AM here this morning!
Today I read Psalm 60. I hope you are reading the Psalms along with me! The verse I chose was verse 11:
"Give us help from trouble, For the help of man is useless." Psalm 60:11
Do you ever want to help someone? I mean, you REALLY want to help them? When our children are little, we can often help fix whatever is wrong. We can tie their shoes, change their diapers, feed them, hug them when they fall down. But what about the things we can't help with? I have a friend whose nine year old son just had open heart surgery--his THIRD open heart surgery! She can't help him--if she could heal him she certainly would! What about cancer? Another friend had a son who died of cancer at age seven-teen. If there was ANYTHING his parents could have done to help him, he would have been helped!
What about other things? Not quite so important as life and death--but important none-the-less? We cannot increase someone's understanding so they will pass a class at school. We cannot make someone like them.
And what about their spiritual life? We cannot wash away our loved one's sins. We cannot heal and restore them.
But there is One who can!
"So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" Hebrews 13:6
"My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2
HE is the source of our help--for the help of man really IS useless!
Praise God that He loves us SO much! We have done nothing to earn His love and care--it is a marvelous, unfathomable, incomprehensible gift!
And He has given it to us!
Have a beautiful day with the One who can truly help!
~Susan
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment