Tuesday, September 20, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 51


Good Morning!

Have you ever tried to get a stain out of something?  A really bad stain--something like blueberries?  It isn't easy, is it?  And often, even if you "can" get the stain out of the garment good enough to still wear the clothes, it is still there in the background if you know where to look.  It is never REALLY unstained again--it is always a bit grayish where the stain was. . . 

Psalm 51 promises that when God cleans us, we will be REALLY clean!  No stain remaining.  No gray spot spoiling our hearts.

I choose verse 7 to record in my Bible notebook:

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."  Psalm 51:7

My study Bible also had a note on this verse, which I loved and wanted to share it with you here:

Do not listen to the enemy's suggestion to stay away from Christ until you have made yourself better, until you are good enough to come to God.  If you wait until then, you will never come.  When Satan points to your filthy garments, repeat the promise of Jesus, "Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6:37). Tell the enemy that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from all sin.  Make the prayer of David your own. . . 
Christ's Object Lessons, by E. G. White, p. 205, 206

Isn't that a beautiful reminder?  No matter how dirty.  No matter how stained.  He can clean us, and He will NOT turn us away!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors